The International Door Association's (IDA) mission is to be the leading trade association representing the door and access system industry by providing advocacy, education, and collaboration to advance the industry with increased professionalism, and vibrant volunteer leadership and staff.
IDA's primary activities are:
- Producing an annual trade show and exposition (IDAExpo)
- Publishing the industry’s leading trade journal (International Door & Operator Industry)
- Facilitating the creation and production of educational, accreditation and certification programs through its partnership with the Institute of Door Dealer Education and Accreditation
- Providing educational scholarships to IDA members through the IDA Scholarship Foundation.
- Enforcing a Code of Business Conduct equally important to ethical door dealers and consumers.
IDA is a 501(c)6 nonprofit trade association headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, USA. It operates 12 Regions with a national director representing each.