Terms & Conditions
Effective April 2021
The International Door Association is committed to keeping your email address confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease to third parties the emails of members, meeting attendees or anyone else with whom we conduct business.
Welcome to the website of the International Door Association (IDA). This site is provided as a service of IDA.
2. Description of Service. The IDA Site, doors.org consists of several sections, some of which have restricted access.
3. Intellectual Property. The entire contents and design of the Site — including all trademarks, logos, trade names, documents, databases, graphic representations and other information — are the property of IDA or used by IDA with permission, and are protected under U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws, whether or not a notice of copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights appears on the screen displaying the information. Except as otherwise provided herein, users of the Site may save and use information contained on the Site only for personal or other noncommercial, educational purposes. No other use, including, without limitation, reproduction, retransmission or editing, of Site information may be made without the prior written permission of IDA, which may be requested by contacting IDA at email@example.com.
4. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall IDA or its officers, directors, members, staff or agents be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Site or any content appearing on the Site.
5. Disclaimer. IDA makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability or legality of information contained within the Site, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use and non-infringement of propriety rights. The information, opinions and recommendations presented within the Site are for general information only. Unless specifically stated otherwise, IDA does not endorse, approve, recommend or certify any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on the Site, and information from the Site should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. Moreover, IDA makes no warranty that the Site, or the server that makes it available, is free from viruses, worms or other elements or codes that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. IDA expressly disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or other damages arising out of any individual’s use of, reference to, reliance on or inability to use the Site or the information presented on the Site. In any jurisdiction that does not permit such a disclaimer of liability, IDA’s liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
6. Links. Links or pointers connecting the Site with other Internet sites are provided as a courtesy only and do not imply, directly or indirectly, the endorsement, sponsorship or approval by IDA of the linked site, the organization or individual operating the site, or any product, service, individual or organization referenced in the site. In general, any website that has an address (or URL) that does not contain “doors.org” is a linked website. The content of any linked site does not necessarily reflect the opinions, standards or policies of IDA. Linked sites are not under the control of IDA, and IDA is not responsible for the content of any linked site, any links contained within a linked site, any changes or updates to such sites, or the compliance with applicable laws of such linked sites.
7. DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedures. IDA abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of its response, IDA may remove or disable access to material on the Site that is claimed to be infringing; in which case, IDA will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that person may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA. By posting material to the Site, the posting party represents and warrants that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants IDA and users of the Site the nonexclusive, unrestricted, royalty-free right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. Anyone who believes that material posted on the Site infringes on his or her copyrighted work should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request removal.
8. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement is entered into and performed in the District of Columbia, United States of America, and is governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under this Agreement or related to doors.org, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in the District of Columbia, or United States District Court, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional venue or inconvenient forum objections to such court.